11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.
21Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.
New International Version
A while back I had a confrontation with someone about the validity of the Word of God and whether or not I believed that people who didn't believe in Jesus as their savior would go to heaven.
I stood firm and gave the above verse or verses like 1 John 12 as reasons for why I believe that Hindu's, Muslims and Jew's wouldn't go to heaven because they are not confessing to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. With that they wouldn't be confessing that he is also the savior of the world or even their own personal savior.
I left that encounter feeling sad and deflated. How can I convince someone of the importance of God's own words? I know now that the Holy Spirit does the work. We are vessels that open doors. I don't know if that person ever got the real message or not. But I have since realized that as long as I am doing what God tells me to do. Then I am his witness. People can spot us (Chritians) without us having to do much of anything. It is in the way we live, the way we talk, the way we behave that our Christianity speaks out.
I believe that what the Bible says is truth and nothing any human mind can conjure up will turn Gods word into a lie. We do not want for people to go to hell. But the facts are that that many will go tot hell. We need to be willing to take a stand and shout out the truth so other will be saved. We (Christians)shouldn't be sitting back and waiting for Christ to come and get us. We have work to do. We are to share the "Goood News" with the world. If you know someone today who isn't believing. Try to reach out to them. It could lead them to Christ. We together can open the eyes of the unsaved. Pray first! Then if you lead speak up! Let God's Saving grace be heard.
It's been awhile...
-
Hello? Anyone there? Not sure what prompted my fingers to search for my old
blog again. But here she is, in all her glory. It was a nice stroll down
memo...
1 year ago

Hello Geista: Keep up the good work. The Lord will honor your faithfulness
ReplyDeleteBob