I am the one who corrects and disciplines everyone I love. Be diligent and turn from your indifference. Revelation 3:22
I was listening to one of my favorite radio stations,KLOVE.com, while cleaning this morning. I heard that a pastor recommended that people choose a word to set as their vision instead of making a resolution. People often make resolutions that they don’t keep and then feel like failures. I personally have never been into making resolutions, but the idea of having a word to set as my vision for the year might work for me.
My Bible reading this morning was Revelations 3:7-22. In these verses it explains that the church of Philadelphia is saved and the church of Laodicea is wavering to the point of being spit out of God’s mouth. Well, I have often felt that I probably fit into the church of Laodicea and I fight at not being lukewarm. I don’t want to be fired up for God one day and then be indifferent the next.
Therefore, I looked up the word “indifference” since that is what has stuck with me the most. I wanted to see the antonym. I found interest. Well, that’s not going to work exactly, I think. So I look at “interest” and find “stake”.
Definitions:
Stake: something is staked for loss or for gain. I would think that as I try to fight for God I will have times that I will have gain and times I will mess up and make situations worse.
Stake: as interest or share in an undertaking or enterprise. I believe that I am in this with all Christians. We are all trying to find ways to point out Christ to people and to lead them closer to our Savior. Saving souls and renewing faith.
Stake: the prize in a contest. Although, I don’t see life as a contest. Being part of the church of Philadelphia is the prize. The members of the church of Philadelphia didn’t get any warning, they got assurance. They are accepted. They will be in Gods Kingdom. They don’t suffer with “indifference”.
Dear Heavenly Father, Assist me to not be indifferent. I desire to be where you wants me to help. Give me the words to speak up. Give me the strength to stand up. I place a “stake” in my faith for You. Remind me of the vision and the prize. Amen
It's been awhile...
-
Hello? Anyone there? Not sure what prompted my fingers to search for my old
blog again. But here she is, in all her glory. It was a nice stroll down
memo...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please post a comment. Thoughts are welcome.