Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Promise of Troubles

New International Version (©1984)
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I have been working at placing Gods word onto my heart. I have always found it difficult to memorize. I still can't seem to get the words 100% correct.

This verse I have found repeatedly usefull. I have said it outloud to two or more people in times I felt I should share it. It's popped into my head several times a day when I was stressed. Which has been A LOT lately. The end of the school year means more than just vacation coming soon. It means extra paper work, more lessons to fix, repair, make new or learn about. This year again it means stress over where I will be next year. Not a room this time, but a cart. I haven't taught off a cart since I student taught 12 years ago.

But I don't need to stress, because having the burden is a God given promise. Jesus stated that in this world I will have trouble. I would have to wonder what was wrong with me if I didn't have any troubles.

The fact that I have trouble allows me to feel the peace God also promised me. The fact that I can rely on Christ's act of having OVERCOME the world. Jesus did so much for me. That the least I can do for him it to accept his peace and take heart. I am not in it alone. He will be with me as I prepare for my work for next year. He will provide the know-how, the flexablility, the lessons and the "anything" I will need to Keep-on-keepn' on.

How do I know this? I know this because he gave me this verse. It became my memory verse before I knew I would need it. Our Father is always one step ahead of us. He prepares the road before me....and the one before you too.Psalm 85:13, Psalm 23 or Isaiah 43:16 wher just two places I found that God is controll of our walk in life. I know there are more references.

Dear Lord, You are sovereign. You declare your ways to me so that I may rely on you. I can put my total faith in you and you will not let me stumble. When I feel like crying like a baby you lift me up and put a smile on my face. It is because of your constance love and affection that I am able to press on. Thank you lord for all you do. The blessing and promised in your word. Every deep breath I take to remain calm you provide the oxygen and the mental peace that comes with it. It is because of you LORDSHIP that your people can stand for you. I ask that you work in our Nation, fixing our selfishness's and our ungodliness. Take out our idols and have us sing our praises to you once again. God please bless America by turning us back to the way of our forefathers. Prayers to you before decisions are made. Your word being honored and recognized as holy. Your name being spoken in reverence and not in slang or swearing. Please hear my prayer, in Christ's Name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment. Thoughts are welcome.