Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Raisin or Grape?

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Having difficulties. Minor struggles. Experiencing a few setbacks. Life never goes as we expect it. There is never enough time, money, relaxation, experience or personal acquaintances to get us through life easily. Feel like your life is a raisin. All dried up with nothing to offer. When what you want is to be a ripe, juicy grape. Spilling Gods love onto everyone you see.

Take HOPE. This is a verse to depend on. We don't need to fret about anything. Too often I worry instead of praying. I rely on myself rather than on the Lord. Why? He has proven to me over and over again that he is in charge and that all things come together for good when we lean on Him. For God promises: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

As Christian we should be setting the example. Instead of following the world where people are struggling with additions, many people have depression and children are killing themselves in order to experience a sensation with drugs or bodily harm. We shouldn't be suffering as they are for we have been given God's Promise. We have what so many others don't. A future with the King. In a Heaven full of Joy. So we must stop worrying about the little things and start living each day for Christ.

Matthew 6:25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Say YES. Life is worth more that food and our bodies are worth more than clothing. We are Children of the Lord most high. Stick this reminder in your hat and pull it out each time you find yourself heaving a heavy sigh. Give yourself a mental shake.
Repeat after me "Today is the day the Lord has made. Let us REJOICE and be GLAD in it." Say this until you mean it. For it is God we need to rely on, not ourselves.

We will truly not have peace until we let go and let him control our lives. God has the perfect plan for our lives and it'll only work if we let him take the wheel.

Dear Lord, I want to let you drive. This life is full of difficulties and struggles. I don't take the time to remind myself that you can be in charge and I only need to ask for you to be with me every moment of everyday. The hour I have can stretch into hours if I allow you to have full command of my time. My dollar can become millions if I allow you to spend it. Thank you, Lord for having a plan for my life and giving me hope and a future. That when you are in charge I have nothing to fear for you will not lead me to harm. Show me how I can be thankful and not resentful. Use me to show the world that their is joy in knowing you and not depression. Turn my life around. Let me be one of your shinning stars...glowing with your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment. Thoughts are welcome.