Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gentle quiet spirit

New Living Translation (©2007)

1Peter 3:1-2
In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over by observing your pure and reverent lives.

1Peter 3:4
You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.

Psalm: 119:54-56
Your decrees have been the theme of my songs wherever I have lived. I reflect at night on who you are, O LORD; therefore, I obey your instructions. This is how I spend my life: obeying your commandments.

Dearest Lord, Heavenly Father and King your precious word teaches me today that you value a meek and quiet spirit. That I am to honor my husband by having this spirit around him and toward him. Forgive me for I so often am not living a godly life, but one of a aggitated, annoyed and angry attitude. Seeking my own way and that which I say I hold dearest isn't even in my thoughts, you, My Lord. By dwelling more on your law I can become the person you want me to be. Set my life in order, clean up my attitude so that I may be an instument in furthering your kingdom. In the Name of Christ Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment. Thoughts are welcome.